- Christensen, The Billion Dollar Eigenvector
- YouTube: The Story of Python, by Its Creator, Guido van Rossum
- Peréz, The IPython notebook: a historical retrospective
- A Memo to the American People from U.S. Chief Data Scientist Dr. DJ Patil
- Wu, Statistics = Data Science? (download)
- Cleveland, Data Science: An Action Plan for Expanding the Technical Areas of the Field of Statistics
- Brin and Page, The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine: the original paper behind Google and PageRank
- Van Rossum, Computer Programming for Everybody
- PSF, Sunsetting Python 2
- YouTube: When Jupyter Becomes Pervasive at a University? Fernando Perez (UC Berkeley)
Click here to access the homework on DataHub.
In addition, to get your feedback on how the course went, I’d appreciate it if you could fill out both:
Both are optional and anonymous (though you can leave your name on the End-of-Quarter Survey if you’d like). Your feedback is much appreciated!