Welcome to the first lecture and week of DSC 90 this quarter! Each week of DSC 90 will have a webpage, like this one, that contains links to lecture slides, recordings, and required readings, and also contains a link to that week’s homework assignment.
- Donoho, 50 years of Data Science, Pages 745-749
- Neumann, History of Pi, Ch. 1
- Britannica, Pythagoreanism (stop at “History of Pythagoreanism”)
- YouTube: The History of Calculus - A Short Documentary
- Pythagorean tuning and Pythagorean intervals: interesting if you have a background in music
- YouTube: Euclid’s Elements Book 1: Proposition 47, The Pythagorean Theorem: if you’d like to see Euclid’s proof of the Pythagorean theorem
- YouTube: What is the Archimedes’ Principle? Memorize: recommended if you’re unfamiliar with Archimedes’ principle
Click here to access the homework on DataHub.
Click here to access the solutions.